GEO Foundation for Sustainable Golf will host a special event on 11th November, coinciding with the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow, highlighting the roles golf can play in climate action and exploring the pathways to net-zero emissions. The aim is to facilitate an important conversation at a key point in time – with a view to raising awareness and inspiring accelerated action over the decade ahead.
Organized and facilitated by GEO Foundation, Driving for Net Zero will be streamed virtually from Scotland’s Climate Ambition Zone in Glasgow, and brings together leading experts from United Nations agencies and other climate action bodies with representatives and examples from across the sport of golf.
Jonathan Smith, Executive Director of GEO Foundation, said: “We are excited to be able to present this event live and coinciding with COP26, as global attention is on the critical topic of climate action. The programme brings expertize and diverse perspectives from around the world, across golf, sport and beyond. The event will emphasize why we need to act, explore what we can effectively do, highlight examples of leadership underway, and introduce new support and solutions developed to accelerate the movement.”
Suzann Pettersen, the winner of 22 titles worldwide, including two majors, also plays an active role as a Sustainable Golf Champion. She added: “Golf is a global sport connected to people and landscapes around the world – affected by and affecting climate change. This event is an important and valuable opportunity to discuss how to take our responsibility and opportunity further, faster. Not just for golfers, not just for society now, but generations to come.”
Attendees can register for free here
Thursday, November 11, 2021 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM GMT.
Driving for Net Zero – Golf and Climate Action (GEO Foundation for Sustainable Golf)
The event will commence at 3pm GMT on Thursday 11th November, hosted by Sky Sports presenter David Garrido. Attendees will gain insights and hear examples from a diverse range of contributors from across golf and beyond, including:
- Suzann Pettersen, professional golfer
- The R&A
- Golf course and club managers from around the world
- United Nations Environment Programme
- WM Phoenix Open
- Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational
- IAGTO, Global Golf Tourism Organization
- International Olympic Committee
- European Tour, Ladies European Tour and LPGA
- Wetlands International
- The Gold Standard
“GEO Foundation is helping map an ambitious journey towards net-zero for golf – supported by a proper climate
- Applications are now open for the 2022 FEGGA Education Scholarship Programme in Kristianstads, Sweden. You can download the brochure by …
- The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) will seek critically needed data from superintendents regarding water use and conservation practices …
- We are pleased to announce the 14th International Turfgrass Research Conference which will take place on 10-15 July 2022 in …
- After a year away from the Birmingham NEC, Campey Turf Care Systems is excited to welcome show attendees onto stand …