Congratulations to the Ten Greenkeepers chosen through the FEGGA Greenkeeper Experience Programme. The lucky ten will join ten members of the GCSAA in being part of the 2018 Ryder Support Team at Le Golf National, France.
This wonderful opportunity for Greenkeepers to be part of golf’s most prominent golfing event has been made possible through its supporting Partners, Capillary Concrete and Alejandro Reyes, and Le Golf National.
Martin Sternberg CEO of Capillary Concrete is a 27-year GCSAA Member and was the first certified Superintendent in Europe, whilst Alejandro Reyes, Superintendent at Le Golf National is a past Scholarship student of FEGGA, and obviously someone that FEGGA is very proud of. Both are very passionate about the turf industry and place high value in providing opportunities to Greenkeepers as they have experienced along their own career journeys.
The ten Greenkeepers, all members of FEGGA’s National Member Associations members will be working alongside fellow volunteers and Le Golf National staff members to Showcase the peak best practices in the industry in providing the ultimate in playing conditions for arguably the world’s top 24 professional golfers from Europe and the USA.
This opportunity will also combine education, networking and business relationship opportunities, which will enhance what will be a memorable experience for all attending as chosen Support Team Members.
The lucky ten are:
- Abel Marius Pascariu, Assistant Greenkeeper
Golf Club Wien and member of the Austrian Greenkeepers Association
- Jiří Lahodný, Head Greenkeeper
Prosper Golf Resort Čeladná and representing the Czech Greenkeepers Association
- Mads Andersen, Course Manager
Søllerød Golf Club and representing the Danish Greenkeepers Association
- Paul Marley, Assistant Head Greenkeeper
Estonian Golf and Country Club and representing the Estonian Greenkeepers Association
- Frank Czarnietzki, Head Greenkeeper
Golf Club Maria Bildhausen and representing the German Greenkeepers Association
- Chloe Gallagher, Assistant Greenkeeper
Gulf Harbour Country Club and representing the British & International Greenkeepers Association
- Matija Pipan, Golf Course Superintendent
Golf & Country Club Castello di Spessa and representing the Slovenian and Italian Greenkeepers Association
- Ciarán Byrne, Assistant Head Greenkeeper
Old Conna Golf Club Bray and representing the Golf Course Superintendents Association of Ireland
- Bernardo Almeida, Head Greenkeeper
West Cliffs / Praia D´el Rey Golf Club and representing the Portuguesse Greenkeepers Association
- Hector Forcen, Golf Course Superintendent
Golf Club Payerne and representing the Swiss Greenkeepers Association
- Rungsted Golf Klub, designed by Charles MacKenzie (brother of Dr Alistair MacKenzie) is one of the oldest and best golf …
- Founded in 1924, Kristianstads Golfklubb is one of Swedens finest resorts boasting 2 fantastic golf courses – the newly redesigned …
- For the first time in history of golf women and men played together in the same time on tournament. The …
- The weather is getting warmer. Or less cold I should say, because 12 to 15 degrees isn’t that great. This …
- As the most northern links golf course on the United Kingdom mainland, having a top dresser that can spread wet …