Club Car’s historic association with the game of golf dates back to 1962, when an Augusta-based businessman named Bill Stevens purchased Landreath Machine, and, with only a small number of employees, began producing the nation’s first golf cars.
During the 1970s, golf car production continued to increase and, in 1978, the company extended its product line, introducing its first mass produced turf utility vehicles, which were initially golf cars that had a utility box fitted on the back.
As Club Car continued to grow, the company quickly established itself as a market leader. Then, in 1985, Club Car introduced the first of its modern-day turf utility vehicles, the Carryall II, which gave Club Car a presence in the turf maintenance market – a sector it has continued to grow over the years.
Today, Club Car is one of the most respected names in the golf industry, with the company’s dependable and efficient golf cars and turf utility vehicles integral to the successful running of thousands of businesses around the world.
“We use our utility vehicles on a daily basis and for a variety of purposes, from assisting the course operations team with morning set up and year-round turf care. Given such requirements and regular usage, we needed vehicles that can cope and the brand reputation, reliability and performance offered by Club Car, particularly with its Carryall® vehicles, made the choice of adopting them a really easy one to make.” Craig Haldane, Director of Golf Course Maintenance at Dubai Golf
A trusted partner, Club Car has been an Official Supplier to the European Tour and The Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA), as well as an Official Supplier at every Ryder Cup staged on European soil since 1997. As part of its agreement with The European Tour, Club Car supplies at least 70 golf cars, as well as a number of turf utility vehicles, to every tournament in order to ensure its operational success.
Being Official Supplier to many of the game’s leading associations and tournaments, as well as to some of the most iconic destinations such as St Andrews Links Trust, has enabled Club Car to fully understand the specific needs of golf venues and greenkeepers around the world.
While product names may change and their capabilities expand, one thing that hasn’t changed at Club Car is its commitment to quality workmanship and superior service. The answer to the question ‘What’s driving Club Car?’ will continue to be its desire to meet and exceed customers’ expectations.
For further information please contact:
Marketing Leader EMEA
Club Car, LLC
Mobile: +32 422.214.171.124
Office: +32 126.96.36.199
Nov 1st, 20170 comments
- Frank Newberry
- The Sportsturf Maintenance Company
- Suståne Natural Fertilizer, Inc.
- Foley United
- Capillary Concrete™
- Club Car
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Harradine Golf
- On 08.11.2019г. The Bulgarian Golf Greenkeepers Association held its Annual Conference for greenkeepers, groundsmen and landscaper contractors at “St. Sofia …
- Gleneagles will hold a unique position in golfing history when the biggest event in women’s golf concludes this weekend, by …
- Former St Andrews Links Trust Director of Greenkeeping Gordon Moir has accepted the nomination to become vice president of the …
- The European Tour and the Toro Company have extended their long-term partnership by four years, as the worldwide provider of …
- Not content to rest on its laurels after the success of hosting last year’s Ryder Cup, Le Golf National’s management …