The European Institute of Golf Course Architects (EIGCA) represents Europe’s most qualified golf course designers and has over 80 Members and Associates spread throughout 20 countries. Members of the Institute have shown through their skill, experience and training that they are able to design and supervise the construction of golf courses to the highest standards. The Institute was established in 2000 following the merger of the three leading associations of golf course architects in Europe.
The EIGCA aims to enhance the status of the profession and increase the opportunities for members to practise throughout the world; it plays an important role in educating future golf course architects by teaching a Professional Diploma in Golf Course Design, the only programme of its kind in the world.
In addition the Institute’s main objectives are:
- To advance the study of golf course architecture, planning and development.
- To promote the technical and artistic development of golf courses and to encourage the highest standards of design and construction.
- To define and demand ethical and responsible professional conduct among its members and to qualify those members through education, examination and practical experience.
- To teach any subjects relating to golf course architecture, to educate students through its own diploma course and to provide continuing professional training for its members.
The EIGCA believes that stewardship of the environment through sensitive design is a cornerstone of our profession and the EIGCA code of conduct commits our members to protect, conserve and enhance the quality of the environment wherever possible.
Our website contains a full listing of the EIGCA membership with biographies of each Senior and Associate Member, as well as other information and articles of interest regarding golf course architecture.
THE EUROPEAN INSTITUTE OF GOLF COURSE ARCHITECTS (EIGCA)
Meadow View House, Tannery Lane, Bramley,
Surrey, GU5 0AJ, UK
Tel:+44 1483 891831
Fax: +44 1483 891846
Mar 4th, 20150 comments
- Capillary Concrete™
- Headland Amenity
- Club Car
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Harradine Golf
- Global turf
- Frank Newberry
- Pictured on the putting green at Bush Hill Park Golf Club are (L-R) Graham Careford (Head Greenkeeper), Ashley Proctor (Irrigation …
- Mannheim, 9th May 2018 – John Deere, one of the world’s leading golf course equipment suppliers, is confirmed as the …
- This summer the Turf Team at Le Golf National, near Paris, have the unprecedented challenge of preparing first as the …
2018 FEGGA Greenkeeper Experience Programme in Partnership with Jacobsen – Ryder Cup – Le Golf National – FranceThis is a wonderful opportunity for a greenkeeper to be part of golf’s most prominent golfing event, and also the …
- Congratulations to the Ten Greenkeepers chosen through the FEGGA Greenkeeper Experience Programme. The lucky ten will join ten members of …