The European Institute of Golf Course Architects (EIGCA) represents Europe’s most qualified golf course designers and has over 80 Members and Associates spread throughout 20 countries. Members of the Institute have shown through their skill, experience and training that they are able to design and supervise the construction of golf courses to the highest standards. The Institute was established in 2000 following the merger of the three leading associations of golf course architects in Europe.
The EIGCA aims to enhance the status of the profession and increase the opportunities for members to practise throughout the world; it plays an important role in educating future golf course architects by teaching a Professional Diploma in Golf Course Design, the only programme of its kind in the world.
In addition the Institute’s main objectives are:
- To advance the study of golf course architecture, planning and development.
- To promote the technical and artistic development of golf courses and to encourage the highest standards of design and construction.
- To define and demand ethical and responsible professional conduct among its members and to qualify those members through education, examination and practical experience.
- To teach any subjects relating to golf course architecture, to educate students through its own diploma course and to provide continuing professional training for its members.
The EIGCA believes that stewardship of the environment through sensitive design is a cornerstone of our profession and the EIGCA code of conduct commits our members to protect, conserve and enhance the quality of the environment wherever possible.
Our website contains a full listing of the EIGCA membership with biographies of each Senior and Associate Member, as well as other information and articles of interest regarding golf course architecture.
THE EUROPEAN INSTITUTE OF GOLF COURSE ARCHITECTS (EIGCA)
Meadow View House, Tannery Lane, Bramley,
Surrey, GU5 0AJ, UK
Tel:+44 1483 891831
Fax: +44 1483 891846
Mar 4th, 20150 comments
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Zehetbauer Fertigrasen
- Harradine Golf
- Frank Newberry
- Jacobsen, a Textron Specialized Vehicles brand, has announced the renewal of its long standing global partnership to advance sustainability across …
- Tom Watson famously said of the Old Course at Ballybunion Golf Club in south-west Ireland: “It is a course you …
- The British & International Golf Greenkeepers Association will be opening its doors on Thursday 2 March to welcome representatives of …
- Over 400 golf club officials, golf course operators and developers attended two successful Sustainability in Golf seminars staged by The …
- t the recent FEGGA Conference held at the Quinta da Marinha in Portugal, FEGGA Members unanimously elected Kamil Pecenka as …