The European Institute of Golf Course Architects (EIGCA) represents Europe’s most qualified golf course designers and has over 80 Members and Associates spread throughout 20 countries. Members of the Institute have shown through their skill, experience and training that they are able to design and supervise the construction of golf courses to the highest standards. The Institute was established in 2000 following the merger of the three leading associations of golf course architects in Europe.
The EIGCA aims to enhance the status of the profession and increase the opportunities for members to practise throughout the world; it plays an important role in educating future golf course architects by teaching a Professional Diploma in Golf Course Design, the only programme of its kind in the world.
In addition the Institute’s main objectives are:
- To advance the study of golf course architecture, planning and development.
- To promote the technical and artistic development of golf courses and to encourage the highest standards of design and construction.
- To define and demand ethical and responsible professional conduct among its members and to qualify those members through education, examination and practical experience.
- To teach any subjects relating to golf course architecture, to educate students through its own diploma course and to provide continuing professional training for its members.
The EIGCA believes that stewardship of the environment through sensitive design is a cornerstone of our profession and the EIGCA code of conduct commits our members to protect, conserve and enhance the quality of the environment wherever possible.
Our website contains a full listing of the EIGCA membership with biographies of each Senior and Associate Member, as well as other information and articles of interest regarding golf course architecture.
THE EUROPEAN INSTITUTE OF GOLF COURSE ARCHITECTS (EIGCA)
Meadow View House, Tannery Lane, Bramley,
Surrey, GU5 0AJ, UK
Tel:+44 1483 891831
Fax: +44 1483 891846
Mar 4th, 20150 comments
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Zehetbauer Fertigrasen
- Harradine Golf
- Frank Newberry
Support Team Opportunity for Greenkeepers at the forthcoming Czech Masters – 28th August – 3rd September 2017Ben Lovett, Superintendent at the Albatross Golf Resort in Prague, Czech Republic is looking for Tournament Support Volunteers for the …
Reigning champion Chris Wood to fly the flag for greenkeepers during title defence at BMW PGA ChampionshipBMW PGA champion 2016 Chris Wood will be flying the flag for greenkeepers everywhere when he sets out to defend …
- 2016 STERF celebrated ten-year anniversary. It all started in 2006, when a small Swedish regional foundation was transformed into a …
- The launch of an exciting new fungicide active for turf disease control now gives a powerful combination of curative and …
- Royal Birkdale Golf Club in Southport hosts the 146th Open Championship this July, which will be the 10th time it …