Lab analysis can be used to provide a valuable insight into the selection of the correct materials for golf course applications or constructions.
European Turfgrass Laboratories (ETL) Ltd, based in Stirling, Scotland aims to provide the golf industry with a complete testing facility for all potential materials used in the construction and maintenance of golf courses.
ETL is now in its 16th year of business and is 1 of only 10 accredited soil physical testing laboratories in the world, the others being mostly based in North America. ETL was the first laboratory outside of North America to become accredited to the A2LA (American Association for Laboratory Accreditation) in the Geotechnical Field “Putting Green Materials”, in 1997. A2LA-Accredited laboratories are recommended by the USGA. ETL’s market began in the UK and Ireland and has expanded across Europe into Africa, the Middle-East, India, Australasia and South America. Our clients include golf clubs, golf course architects, agronomists, material suppliers, contractors and course managers/superintendents.
Having been at the forefront of testing materials from all over the world, ETL have a wealth of experience in the analysis of sand, gravels, soils, peat, rootzones and irrigation water.
Laboratories are used in obtaining results for maintenance and monitoring of existing courses, selecting the appropriate materials for renovation and new construction projects – these analyses are used by the decision maker to provide assurance and act as a reliable back-up to the decisions taken.Choosing the right construction materials is paramount to the completion of a successful project.
Testing should not be seen as an unnecessary expense, but rather as an invaluable back-up to help golf course managers, architects and consultants make the right and informed decision.
European Turfgrass Laboratories Ltd
Stirling Enterprise Park
Jan 25th, 20150 comments
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Zehetbauer Fertigrasen
- Harradine Golf
- Frank Newberry
- Headland Amenity
- Harrogate, 17-19 January 2017 – At the Bigga Turf Management Exhibition (BTME) in Harrogate Melspring International B.V. has launched its …
- Under FEGGA‘s inspirational leadership, greenkeepers all over Europe have come together in a pledge for responsible and sustainable golf course …
- The seminar and the annual conference 2017 of the Czech greenkeepers association in Prague Term: 18. – 19. 1. 2017 …
- MEETING EXPECTATIONS 21st-24th February 2017 The 2017 FEGGA Conference to be held at the premier resort of Hotel Quinta da Marinha, set in …
- As part of a new research project, part funded by Syngenta, PhD student Kirsty Fraser (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh), is seeking …