Lab analysis can be used to provide a valuable insight into the selection of the correct materials for golf course applications or constructions.
European Turfgrass Laboratories (ETL) Ltd, based in Stirling, Scotland aims to provide the golf industry with a complete testing facility for all potential materials used in the construction and maintenance of golf courses.
ETL is now in its 16th year of business and is 1 of only 10 accredited soil physical testing laboratories in the world, the others being mostly based in North America. ETL was the first laboratory outside of North America to become accredited to the A2LA (American Association for Laboratory Accreditation) in the Geotechnical Field “Putting Green Materials”, in 1997. A2LA-Accredited laboratories are recommended by the USGA. ETL’s market began in the UK and Ireland and has expanded across Europe into Africa, the Middle-East, India, Australasia and South America. Our clients include golf clubs, golf course architects, agronomists, material suppliers, contractors and course managers/superintendents.
Having been at the forefront of testing materials from all over the world, ETL have a wealth of experience in the analysis of sand, gravels, soils, peat, rootzones and irrigation water.
Laboratories are used in obtaining results for maintenance and monitoring of existing courses, selecting the appropriate materials for renovation and new construction projects – these analyses are used by the decision maker to provide assurance and act as a reliable back-up to the decisions taken.Choosing the right construction materials is paramount to the completion of a successful project.
Testing should not be seen as an unnecessary expense, but rather as an invaluable back-up to help golf course managers, architects and consultants make the right and informed decision.
European Turfgrass Laboratories Ltd
Stirling Enterprise Park
Jan 25th, 20150 comments
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Zehetbauer Fertigrasen
- Harradine Golf
- Frank Newberry
- Jacobsen, a Textron Specialized Vehicles brand, has announced the renewal of its long standing global partnership to advance sustainability across …
- Tom Watson famously said of the Old Course at Ballybunion Golf Club in south-west Ireland: “It is a course you …
- The British & International Golf Greenkeepers Association will be opening its doors on Thursday 2 March to welcome representatives of …
- Over 400 golf club officials, golf course operators and developers attended two successful Sustainability in Golf seminars staged by The …
- t the recent FEGGA Conference held at the Quinta da Marinha in Portugal, FEGGA Members unanimously elected Kamil Pecenka as …