The GTC is the independent organisation representing British golf club employers and greenkeepers through a Board of Directors, Advisory Panels and two full-time employees.
Golf greenkeepers play a vital role in golf course maintenance and management.
Training courses and qualifications are available to allow ambitious and enthusiastic greenkeepers to work towards becoming greenkeeping management professionals.
The Greenkeepers Training Committee (the GTC) is dedicated to its objectives of improving and promoting the education and training of all golf greenkeepers. New golf courses are opening throughout Europe, to accommodate growing interest in the game. This means more opportunities for employment – and more chances for career advancement.
A comprehensive training manual and learning materials, published by the GTC, helps guide greenkeepers through their chosen career in association with GTC Quality Assured Centres and Training Providers.
The GTC Headquarters, based at Aldwark Manor in North Yorkshire has a Board of Directors which consists of representatives from the following:
- English Golf Union
- Scottish Golf Union
- Golf Union of Wales
- British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association
The board has an independent Chairman, Mr Donald Steel and Finance Director, Mr John Holliday.
This means that wherever you are in Great Britain, the GTC can help you whether you are a golf club employer, greenkeeper, or thinking about a career in greenkeeping.
Find out more at this website: www.the-gtc.co.uk or contact us for more information:
The Greenkeepers Training Committee Ltd
York YO61 1UF
Registered office: Aldwark Manor, Aldwark , Alne, York, YO61 1UF. Company registered in England and Wales no: 4468493
Jan 25th, 20150 comments
- Capillary Concrete™
- Headland Amenity
- Club Car
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Harradine Golf
- Global turf
- Frank Newberry
- Pictured on the putting green at Bush Hill Park Golf Club are (L-R) Graham Careford (Head Greenkeeper), Ashley Proctor (Irrigation …
- Mannheim, 9th May 2018 – John Deere, one of the world’s leading golf course equipment suppliers, is confirmed as the …
- This summer the Turf Team at Le Golf National, near Paris, have the unprecedented challenge of preparing first as the …
2018 FEGGA Greenkeeper Experience Programme in Partnership with Jacobsen – Ryder Cup – Le Golf National – FranceThis is a wonderful opportunity for a greenkeeper to be part of golf’s most prominent golfing event, and also the …
- Congratulations to the Ten Greenkeepers chosen through the FEGGA Greenkeeper Experience Programme. The lucky ten will join ten members of …