Albert Hockey, Peter’s step-grandfather, remodeled his first course in 1920. Don Harradine, Peter’s father, designed his first layout in 1929 and pursued an illustrious career until his retirement in the mid 1980’s. Peter Harradine continues the family tradition and represents the third generation of golf course architects.
Harradine Golf’s services include: general zoning plans and golf course layouts that are always elaborated considering environmental, ecological and commercial sustainability; 3D visualizations and fly-throughs; tender documents; detailed designs; construction drawings; specifications; construction permits; bills of quantities; and budget pricing for new layouts and/or upgrading of existing courses including supervision of construction and maintenance.
Harradine Golf have designed, constructed, re-modeled and /or supervised the construction of over 200 Golf Courses in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. These courses are situated in every type of terrain from arid, rocky, dry, hot and saline deserts, to wet, humid, temperate and cold grasslands, wetlands, swamps, mountains, waste tips, agricultural fields, sea-sides, and even at altitudes of 1,850 meters.
Harradine Golf does not want to create unplayable monuments to ecology but always remembers that the integration of a golf course within a site is like a heart transplant – the site must not reject it.
The Harradine design philosophy seeks to deliver courses that are a challenge to good players whilst avoiding unnecessary hazards and frustrations to the less experienced golfer who could actually abandon the game or choose a less demanding course. Golf should also be enjoyable for the mediocre player and beginner and definitely not a drudgery.
Harradine Golf never forgets that their best friend is the greenkeeper. This very important man will either “make” or “break” any course! Harradine golf courses are therefore designed to be as “maintenance friendly” as possible without unnecessary and unwarranted complications.
Jan 25th, 20150 comments
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Zehetbauer Fertigrasen
- Harradine Golf
- Frank Newberry
- Headland Amenity
- For ambitious greenkeepers, the Toro Student Greenkeeper of the Year Awards can represent the culmination of years of hard work, …
- Education has to be the key to all associations and indeed greenkeepers in achieving the highest level of professionalism within …
- FEGGA recently went on the Road with the Bulgarian Greenkeepers Association in supporting education for their Groundsman members. The tour …
- The Ohio State Program 2012-2013 Just over five years ago I made the decision to start my career as a …
- Here James, Assistant Greenkeeper on the Brabazon Course at the Belfry shares his unique opportunity to experience two tournaments in England …