Albert Hockey, Peter’s step-grandfather, remodeled his first course in 1920. Don Harradine, Peter’s father, designed his first layout in 1929 and pursued an illustrious career until his retirement in the mid 1980’s. Peter Harradine continues the family tradition and represents the third generation of golf course architects.
Harradine Golf’s services include: general zoning plans and golf course layouts that are always elaborated considering environmental, ecological and commercial sustainability; 3D visualizations and fly-throughs; tender documents; detailed designs; construction drawings; specifications; construction permits; bills of quantities; and budget pricing for new layouts and/or upgrading of existing courses including supervision of construction and maintenance.
Harradine Golf have designed, constructed, re-modeled and /or supervised the construction of over 200 Golf Courses in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. These courses are situated in every type of terrain from arid, rocky, dry, hot and saline deserts, to wet, humid, temperate and cold grasslands, wetlands, swamps, mountains, waste tips, agricultural fields, sea-sides, and even at altitudes of 1,850 meters.
Harradine Golf does not want to create unplayable monuments to ecology but always remembers that the integration of a golf course within a site is like a heart transplant – the site must not reject it.
The Harradine design philosophy seeks to deliver courses that are a challenge to good players whilst avoiding unnecessary hazards and frustrations to the less experienced golfer who could actually abandon the game or choose a less demanding course. Golf should also be enjoyable for the mediocre player and beginner and definitely not a drudgery.
Harradine Golf never forgets that their best friend is the greenkeeper. This very important man will either “make” or “break” any course! Harradine golf courses are therefore designed to be as “maintenance friendly” as possible without unnecessary and unwarranted complications.
Jan 25th, 20150 comments
- Frank Newberry
- The Sportsturf Maintenance Company
- Suståne Natural Fertilizer, Inc.
- Foley United
- Capillary Concrete™
- Club Car
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Harradine Golf
- Curtis Tyrell filming preparations for the Open Championship from a Greenkeeping perspective and interviewed staff while filming the links.
- Royal Portrush Golf Club has successfully renewed its GEO Certified® status. This is golf’s most comprehensive and widely regarded sustainability …
- On 18-21 July 2019, The Open makes an historic return to Northern Ireland for the first time in 68 years …
- Photo supplied by the R&A – L-R) Anders Jacobson, co-founder and CEO of Blue, Tom Watson, Global Ambassador for The …
- Wentworth Club and John Deere Limited have announced a new, exclusive partnership for the supply of golf course maintenance equipment …