Kainuu Vocational College -public utility (KAO) provides secondary education in the regions Kainuu and Kuusamo in all relevant fields. The school has over 2500 junior (16 to 18) and over 5600 adult students annually, with a turnover in excess of 35 million euros. The Natural Resources unit of KAO provides a wide range of education’s in its field.
With it own farm, green house and stable, combined with the most modern teaching and learning environments, it improves skills of over 500 students per year. KAO is the number one in quality in northern Finland, being rated as number 6 nationally. Latest developments and investments include security, travel and greenkeeping learning environments.
For the next two years one of the main investments (over 500,000 euros) will be in e-learning. KAO has very strong international links and has a long history in cooperation with Russian colleges. The Natural resources unit gives greenkeeping education at all three levels in Finnish and courses also in English and Russian.
Mar 4th, 20150 comments
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Rain Bird Europe
- Kainuu Vocational College
- SRUC – Elmwood Campus
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Zehetbauer Fertigrasen
- Harradine Golf
- Frank Newberry
- Headland Amenity
- Harrogate, 17-19 January 2017 – At the Bigga Turf Management Exhibition (BTME) in Harrogate Melspring International B.V. has launched its …
- Under FEGGA‘s inspirational leadership, greenkeepers all over Europe have come together in a pledge for responsible and sustainable golf course …
- The seminar and the annual conference 2017 of the Czech greenkeepers association in Prague Term: 18. – 19. 1. 2017 …
- MEETING EXPECTATIONS 21st-24th February 2017 The 2017 FEGGA Conference to be held at the premier resort of Hotel Quinta da Marinha, set in …
- As part of a new research project, part funded by Syngenta, PhD student Kirsty Fraser (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh), is seeking …