Kainuu Vocational College -public utility (KAO) provides secondary education in the regions Kainuu and Kuusamo in all relevant fields. The school has over 2500 junior (16 to 18) and over 5600 adult students annually, with a turnover in excess of 35 million euros. The Natural Resources unit of KAO provides a wide range of education’s in its field.
With it own farm, green house and stable, combined with the most modern teaching and learning environments, it improves skills of over 500 students per year. KAO is the number one in quality in northern Finland, being rated as number 6 nationally. Latest developments and investments include security, travel and greenkeeping learning environments.
For the next two years one of the main investments (over 500,000 euros) will be in e-learning. KAO has very strong international links and has a long history in cooperation with Russian colleges. The Natural resources unit gives greenkeeping education at all three levels in Finnish and courses also in English and Russian.
Mar 4th, 20150 comments
- Frank Newberry
- The Sportsturf Maintenance Company
- Suståne Natural Fertilizer, Inc.
- Foley United
- Capillary Concrete™
- Club Car
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Melspring International B.V.
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Kainuu Vocational College
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Harradine Golf
- Twenty-one turf professionals from across the UK and Ireland have completed the 2020 Future Turf Managers Initiative (FTMI) at Jacobsen’s …
- 21 Greenkeeper Associations made the journey to Galway during the week-long FEGGA Conference. This FEGGA meeting also saw FEGGA host …
- Do you want a career in Golf Course Management? Careers in Golf Course Management have become increasingly popular and as …
- Through utilising our distinctive ‘4-Flag’, and by encouraging clubs and event organisers to fly this flag on the 4th hole …
- Each year John Deere, in association with the British & International Golf Greenkeepers Association and the Golf Course Superintendents Association …