Kainuu Vocational College -public utility (KAO) provides secondary education in the regions Kainuu and Kuusamo in all relevant fields. The school has over 2500 junior (16 to 18) and over 5600 adult students annually, with a turnover in excess of 35 million euros. The Natural Resources unit of KAO provides a wide range of education’s in its field.
With it own farm, green house and stable, combined with the most modern teaching and learning environments, it improves skills of over 500 students per year. KAO is the number one in quality in northern Finland, being rated as number 6 nationally. Latest developments and investments include security, travel and greenkeeping learning environments.
For the next two years one of the main investments (over 500,000 euros) will be in e-learning. KAO has very strong international links and has a long history in cooperation with Russian colleges. The Natural resources unit gives greenkeeping education at all three levels in Finnish and courses also in English and Russian.
Mar 4th, 20150 comments
- Frank Newberry
- The Sportsturf Maintenance Company
- Suståne Natural Fertilizer, Inc.
- Foley United
- Capillary Concrete™
- Club Car
- le golf national
- John Deere
- Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
- Kainuu Vocational College
- Campey Turf Care Systems
- Dennis SISIS
- Steiner & Partner
- Harradine Golf
- With the effects of Covid 19, more organisations will be looking to run their future events using a virtual format. …
- Join us in celebrating the great work that Greenkeepers across the world do in making our golf courses special places. …
Save the Day – International “Thank a Greenkeeper Day” honors golf course management professionals on Sept. 23International “Thank a Greenkeeper Day” honors golf course management professionals on Sept. 23 As a healthy outdoor activity that can …
- Delighted that #FEGGA could bring together 40 organisations from across the globe to discuss all elements of Covid 19. Great …
- The objectives of the Summit is to focus on How Greenkeeping Associations and respected Countries coped during the Covid-19 crisis – …