The Future Turf Managers Initiative 2018, made possible by Jacobsen, a Textron Golf brand, will take place at the company’s HQ in Ipswich from 6-8 March 2018.
Aimed at up and coming greenkeepers who want to make the leap to Course Manager, FTMI focuses on personal and professional development. The FTMI programme utilises the expertise of leading Course Managers, dynamic trainers and industry experts to mentor and educate the next generation of industry leaders.
The successful candidates for the “FTMI Class of 2018” are:
Michael Budd, Westerham Golf Club
Darren Burton, Royal Cinque Ports
Seb Cavilla, Chippenham Golf Club
Shaun Cunningham, Mortonhall Golf Club
Lyle Davidson, The Carrick
Matthew Gallagher, Royal Mid Surrey Golf Club
Callum Goodhind, Prestbury Golf Club
Graham Hastie, Stoneham Golf Club
Nathan Jones, Royal Porthcawl Golf Club
Mitchell Jordan, Lingdale Golf Club
Andrew McIntee, Royal Troon Golf Club
Scott McTaggart, Ralston Golf Club
Jon Methven, St Andrews Links Trust
Chris Mullett, The Belfry
Scott Parnell, Saffron Walden Golf Club
Dean Reed, Queenwood Golf Club
John Reid, The Duke’s, St Andrews
Nick Roberts, Hendon Golf Club
Timothy Lewis Sethi, Golfpark Zurichsee
Steve Thorne, Rushmore Golf Club
Karen Proctor, Director Global Marketing at Textron Golf, said: “This will be the sixth year that we will be welcome 20 selected BIGGA Members to take part in the Future Turf Managers Initiative.
“It’s a valuable personal and career development opportunity that we offer and we very much look forward to welcoming the Class of 2018 to our UK headquarters in Ipswich.”
Sami Strutt, Head of Member Development at BIGGA said: “We saw an increase of almost 40% in the number of applications received for FTMI 2018. Every year the selection process gets more difficult due to high quality applicants.
“The 20 successful candidates can expect to be challenged and pushed out of their comfort zone by the trainers, mentors and the Textron Golf and BIGGA teams, but they will definitely learn a lot and make some lifelong friends along the way.”
- On 08.11.2019г. The Bulgarian Golf Greenkeepers Association held its Annual Conference for greenkeepers, groundsmen and landscaper contractors at “St. Sofia …
- Gleneagles will hold a unique position in golfing history when the biggest event in women’s golf concludes this weekend, by …
- Former St Andrews Links Trust Director of Greenkeeping Gordon Moir has accepted the nomination to become vice president of the …
- The European Tour and the Toro Company have extended their long-term partnership by four years, as the worldwide provider of …
- Not content to rest on its laurels after the success of hosting last year’s Ryder Cup, Le Golf National’s management …